Saturday 1 September 2012

You love running..but you turned crazy when she is also there with you!

I started to run my first long-distance when I ran my school's cross country tournament. My first external event was at UMNO's Merdeka Run when I was 17 years old. Since then, after I entered university, I had not actively participated in major events, eventhough I still running everyday when I got time to do so. Other reasons being were I'd involved in other sports. While actively joined football & futsal tournaments almost every semester during my uni time, I also played squash, tennis, silat, bla bla bla.. thus, I do a lot of sports easy to say. 

I started to back on long distance running field when I was at my first year in Ernst & Young. Crazy long working hours (which is typical in every big audit firm), has limited my time for sports. Recommended by my friend, Ikhwan, I joined Adidas KOTR 2011, and then actively participate in running, again. 

Why running? 
 1. It's easy for me bcoz they (running events) are alwiz on weekend - Saturday/Sunday.
 2. Low cost of equipment - you juz need a pair of shoe..u can even run naked if u want.
3. Big result (fitness) with less contact with others..plus less risk of injury due to its stable movement.
4. Running events offer lots of goodies and token of appreciation. 
5. Timing chip allows you to evaluate your performance.

After several running events I've entered, there is always one thing I wanna do - to run with my beloved one!

My Fiancee
Frankly speaking, my fiancee is not really into this sport. Therefore, to persuade her, I need to search for the best and interesting event. The first I had in my list was NTV7 Feel Good Run 2012. It seems like an outstanding and hype event for all joined participants. It seems like an event for some leisure runners. Besides, it was organised by the big, popular local TV station, with many goodies. Rate: Excellent choice. 

However, before we ran it on 8 July (as per scheduled), Team Malaysia came out with their running event, Team Malaysia Fan Run 2012, which is in support of the national Olympians to the London Olympic 2012. It happened 3 weeks earlier than NTV7 Feel Good Run 2012, although we only registered after the NTV7 run.


So, 3KM Team Malaysia Fan Run was the first event which me and my fiancee ran together. It is a good feeling, buddy. For the first time in my life, I experienced a heavy rain during the running event. You can see in the picture above, everyone there basah! Lucky dat they wrapped the cert in a plastic bag. 

My fiancee again joined me for running! This time it is 5KM MCS Fun Run. She, who didn't join at first, suddenly registered when she teman me to collect race pack. Thanks to the organiser, KDU, which still open the registration for enthusiast. 


Finally, it's the trademark event for us. The first event we registered together. It's a massive and exciting event. We ran with several NTV7 celebrities on that day for 3KM. We took picture with Rashidi Ishak, Vanida Imran & Aidid Marcelo. I had a good time running with her that day. 


I will run again with her after this. It's for 5KM Pink Charity Run. I also plan to run with her in 5KM Parkcity Run 2012 and Nike We Run KL 10K 2012, but due to pre-wedding activities, we must forget them, at least for this year.


_________________________________________________________

My Mum
Other than my fiancee, I still can't find an opportunity to run with my mum yet, even I have plan to. Penang Delta Eco Night Run 2012 held only after I went back to KL already. However, I did bring her to Larian Hijau MPSP 2012, but juz to teman me. Hehe.


My Dad
In addition, I will run together with my dad in our Penang Bridge International Marathon 2012. Right now, as you can see the picture below, my dad has started his training by the Penang beach. He is 62 years old now. He was a former coach and manager of Penang MSSM Football team for many years. He is still active and fit. I can't wait to run with him this coming November.


Can you imagine how sports means in my life? Then, can you imagine how's the feeling of doing them together with the one you love. Hehe. I alwiz wanna do something special in my life, and this is one of them. Chaiyok!

No comments:

Post a Comment