Monday 10 September 2012

Adidas KOTR 2012: It brings me 16.8KM far..

After frustrated by NIKE Run's registration disappointment, I go on with my next race. This time it is Nike's rival, Adidas who held the event, King Of The Road 2012. Not the first time I join the event, but the first time I ran 16.8KM category in Adidas KOTR. It happened in Sunway Pyramid on 9 September 2012 (yesterday). I heard that 15,000 runners were there participating. Even when I'm running, at some hilly area I could clearly see the sea of people on the NPE highway, which is fully and wholly closed on the day. Now I know why they didn't at least open it partially for the vehicles to use it. 

At the race pack collection, Sunway Pyramid
I went to take my race pack at 10 o'clock sharp in the morning of Saturday, a day before the race. I neglected the info that all the 16.8KM participants were entitled to receive one Adidas deodorant and a sachet Powerbar gel. No one at the counter reminds me also? Huhu. Nevermind. Let bygones, be bygones. The race pack still sumthing good to get, they are Adidas string bag, Adidas running vest, a race bib with timing device attached to that (no need to wake up in the morning thinking about attaching it to the shoe), a packet of Deep Heat samples, and supposedly, the things I missed above.

Me, running towards the finishing line
I personally think that the 16.8KM category has started a bit late at 6.45am. Why not this category started earlier? Even 21KM at Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2012 started at 6am. It juz 4.2KM different. Rite? Perhaps, 6.15am shud be better starting time, in order to avoid the sun heat.

After the race, I'm with some of my frens Fithri, Zafir, Shuhid, Andy, and my brother, Remy. They all ran 10KM. Only me alone ran in different category. No hype in goodies given. They are all snacks like banana, mineral water, Milo, Fitnesse etc. Finished eat & drink all that, we all went home with only 1 thing in hand, it is finishing medal. It is seldomly happen in other running event when we get lots of things at finish. Maybe bcoz we already got many things during race pack collection. 

Taking picture with a token of achievement
Held in Sunway Pyramid I think is the best idea. Lots of runners, after the race, hang out at the beautiful areas around the Pyramid, including the restaurants there. Besides, this is the only day that there is no single car on the NPE, due to road closure until 10am. I did not miss the chance to take picture of me sleeping on the road oso. Hehe.


I bought the Adidas Response Cushion 20 during Adidas KOTR 2011 with RM50 discount. Even now in some Adidas stores, I see the price remains the same ever since 1 year ago. This could possibly be the last time I use this shoe in the race. Many reasons, as I told in my previous post, make me buy a new shoe. After this, I plan to use this shoe as my trainer only I think. Thanks for all your contribution to my legs for almost 1 year. Hehe. Farewell.

Farewell: Thanks & Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment