Saturday 25 August 2012

Penang Beach Trail Running Session

On the 6th day of Raya, I've spent my morning on the beach, in my sportsuit. As for the previous few days, I did my running training on the hard surface - bitumen/tarred road - so, it's now time for me to experience softer, sandy beach track, as part of my cross training session, ahead of my 16.8KM Adidas KOTR 2012 in another 2 weeks.

Without thinking of I've been over-trained myself, actually I've suffered shin splint for almost a month ago. Therefore, I am desperately want to avoid tarred road training.

My training session took place at my hometown beach in Penang. This picture shows part of the 1.4km loop there.
4-5 families are seen to have their own best moment at the beach.
I tell you guys, it is the special experience to run by the beach. With the sound of splashing wave, looking at the people swimming and playing around, the feel of sea breeze hitting the 'rhu' tree, a fresh look of the sunrise, after a heavy rain the night before...aaahhhhh!!!! Hehe.. No wonder my PB of 32mins for 5KM, became 43mins doing on the beach. Haha. At least, I have my 'leisure', out of normal training. 

Me, as I've completed my 5KM beach trail joging
This is the second time I used my New Balance Trail 411. I love it. Tough, lightweight and comfort.
After an awesome action, my NB 411 took a break...
I found this cutest animal species in the world, joging around too ;)
You better have yours one! Tell me if you want to join me, but first, do visit me in Penang y'all! Hehe..

No comments:

Post a Comment